Sunday, December 22, 2013

Magic Mile 1

MW: 136.4
Days to Race: 63
Distance/Time: 1 mi./11:11 min and 3.25 mi/44:56 min.

Today featured a running field trip, a rain storm and some fabric recon. I had to dig out my summer running gear due to the nearly 70 degree weather (welcome winter!). I made sure to fuel up for my magic mile and hit the road for the town with my track and the source of the last of my Christmas shopping. Even so, my mile was rough and the 3 that followed even harder. I don't think high fiber cereal is good fuel right before a run. Research recommends simpler carbohydrates that can be more easily broken down. Noted. Of course at the farthest point from my car, the skies opened up at soon I was drenched. It's crazy, but I'm about 8 weeks into my training and this has been the wildest weather so far. Guess I'm lucky. Especially since the warm weather made the raining run actually pleasant. Getting stuck in the rain is good for the soul.

I spent the rest of the day tying of some seasonal loose ends before going to see The Hobbit 2 (very good movie!). One of my stops was to the fabric store where I scoped out their tulle section. I've decided to make my own tutu for the race. It seems ridiculously easy (famous last words) but first I have to decide who I am going to be. I'm still torn between Belle and Rapunzel. It all comes down to the top. I'd like to wear a tank, but that depends on whether or not I can recreate the arms of Michelle Obama.

On Tuesday, you may find yourself reading of my latest training (torture) session. I've got something brutal planned. You may also hear the story of a young freshman highschooler and the sexy senior two doors down.

No comments: