Thursday, December 12, 2013

A little good news

MW: 136.4
Days to Race: 73
Distance/Time: 2.5 mi / 29.53 min

Today has been full of good news so far. First, I had my x-ray done yesterday and I do not have a fracture or arthritis. The Dr. thinks it might be a chronic strain and that I should just make sure I have good shoes and run on a good surface. Knowing this, I ran with much less pain. It is definitely true that the more you worry, the worse things can seem. I also managed to run the entire 30 minutes this morning and did so with a pace of 11:57 per mile. If I could have run like this in high school, then I would have passed gym class.

I needed this victory as my motivation was flagging. It's hard to keep going when you're hurting and it's cold, but really when you do more than you thought you could, you run better and faster, doesn't that make it all worth it? This weekend is my 8 miler. I'll admit I'm nervous but there is no turning back!

No comments: