Sunday, December 29, 2013

Am I swimming or am I running?

MW: 136.4
Days to Race: 56
Distance/Time: 9.78 mi/ 2:18:48

It's been raining all day and I waffled back and forth about whether or not to put this run off. Maybe I'd do it Tuesday? Maybe next week? But it wasn't raining that hard, light rain the weather channel called it. And it wasn't cold. Easy peasy. Get out and do it and the back in again. Right?

It was a long 2 hours and 18 minutes and the last two miles were not good. At the end, I got a little lost, the reason for the extra .25 mi. My left leg started to yell at me. From the ankle to knee to hip. I was literally giving myself pep talks getting myself to the end. And at the end, I was a drenched mess and my hands weren't quite working properly. Don't know if I'll be getting off the couch for the rest of the day.

No comments: