Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Lizzie Bennet Diaries

MW: 135.6
Days to Race: 68
Distance/Time: 2.29 mi/ 30:11 min

Another morning another run. After my not-quite-8 miles on Sunday, today was a ride on the struggle bus. My form was all over the place, I even caught myself running on the side of my foot and it took forever to work that kink out. But the run was done and I am one day closer to to the half.

I am also struggling with my sudden discovery of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. It is a web series that updates Pride and Prejudice and I am a little addicted. Luckily I am on episode 94 of 100 so it will soon be over. Which is a bummer because it's so good! I especially like how they updated some of the plot points to better fit modern sensibilities. In most adaptations, they tend change very little. But really would a modern day Charlotte Lucas marry Mr. Collins? No, but she might accept a business proposal to become his partner. And Lydia running away with Wickham isn't quite so scandalous, but Wickham trying to profit off a sex video of them is. I'm not saying it's perfect, they do comedy much better than melodrama.

No comments: