Thursday, November 14, 2013

I wear the black hat

MW: 135
Days to Race: 101
Distance/Time: 2.23 mi/ 30.17

It was very hard pulling myself out of bed this morning. Weather app says it was 30 degrees outside and my apartment was quite chilly since I hadn't turned the heat on yet. That meant my bed was especially warm and inviting and just so comfortable! Couldn't I just sleep in a little more? What about running this afternoon? I had time for that, right? Not really. The next three days are booked pretty solid and the only time I can run is early so it was either right then or never.

A few months ago, I mentioned that wearing my Phillies baseball cap when I run was like my disguise, that I felt like Clark Kent without his glasses. Well, I decided I needed a winter hat for this run. I don't know how I ended up with a New York Mets hat but it was the only one I could find. Wearing it this morning felt like I'd put on a black mustache that I could twirl maniacally from the shadows.

Anyways, I'm still doing a walk/run combination and 2 minutes running and 1 minute walking seems to be working out pretty well. I'm at about a 13.36 minute pace doing this.

No comments: