Sunday, September 8, 2013

B210K 2.3

MW: 134
Days to Race: 168
Distance/Time: 3.56 mi/ 47 min

Isn't it funny how you can start something thinking it won't be good. Definitely not your best, and then you surprise yourself? That is something that I've been learning over the past few months. Just how strong and fast my body can be and that I continually underestimate myself. I did not want to get up today. It was one of those days when the bed felt too good, my legs too creaky and dammit I just wanted to enjoy a cup of coffee. I figured it would be one of those days that you get up and you struggle through the run, it might not be the fastest, but it would be done and another building block to the foundation that will get me through 13.1 miles.

Even while I was running, I didn't think I was doing my best. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Run the 15 minutes, walk 1 minute and repeat. But, then I got home and mapped my course (while icing my feet) and see that it is one of the farthest distances I've gone and I've just about cleared the 13 minute/mile pace (13.12 to be exact). I can't wait to get into the 12 minute mile pace.

Well this is the last run of week 2 of the Bridge to 10K program. I'm still running without a copilot and enjoying the quiet. It makes me enjoy the road that much more. Next week, I'll be stepping it up a notch. 3 17 minute runs punctuated by 1 minute walks.

No comments: