Friday, September 6, 2013

B210K 2.2

MW: 134.2
Days to Race: 170
Distance/Time: 3.3 mi/47.06

I was up and out the door before I even knew what I was doing. 5:15 is not my idea of a good time to be up and about. Even the cats were a little shocked (though still pleased at the early breakfast). It was a little chilly outside, a hint of the cold I could expect in later days. But then I looked up at the sky and damn, the stars were beautiful this morning.

There is something magical about that pre-dawn hour. The cool, free air and the silent streets. I think I talked about it in my last entry too, but it bears repeating, if it wasn't for the whole waking up early thing, then I could see myself doing it regularly. But, I also love my sleep and with the vampiric toddler running around and screaming at midnight, I don't see this happening regularly. Still, this morning, I conquered my usual reservations and went for it.

When I'm running, I have all these great ideas about what to write about. How the field I often pass reminds me of one of those Dutch masterpieces, about the little dogs that like to chase me (and the big dogs who could really care less). There are also the cats for whom I break into the fake French that I use on my own kitties. Sometimes it's good that I'm running alone. That said, I do want to get one of those reflective vests for night running. I usually stick to the sidewalks, but still running at night without something to alert drivers to my presence does not pass the Obituary Test.

Happy Friday!

No comments: