Wednesday, September 4, 2013

B210K 2.1

MW: 134
Days to Race: 172
Distance/Time: 3.44 mi/48.11

Well my Inner Trainer is pleased, but Dr. Me is a bit miffed. I really did intend to continue with the first week of the bridge to 10K program. Once I got started though, my plans changed. Instead of doing the 4 10 minute runs, I ended up doing 3 15 minute runs. I also did most of it before the sun came up. I have to say, running in the dark, before the rest of the world is awake, is an incredible experience. The air is quiet and cool, but also somehow charged for the coming day. Stepping outside into that chill, breathing deeply, I relaxed and knew it was time to get to work. This is good, because with the coming fall and winter, running in the dark is going to become more standard.

No comments: