Saturday, August 31, 2013

Mostly walking, bit of running

MW: 131.8
Days to Race: 176
Distance/Time: 3.5 mi/ 1 hour

Yep, another setback. At least this time I did not end up in the ER so I guess I can count it as a win? Also, my toe had been hurting a bit, I think it is one of my tendons so the week off was probably good for me in the sense of letting that recover. Dr. Me believes that the pain stems from trying to do too much too soon after my last setback. Still, it does mean rebuilding both my confidence and my stamina. I read that taking a week off doesn't really hurt you too badly if you've been a regular runner for at least 4-6 weeks prior because you've got a foundation. I'm barely at that so I can definitely say that I lost a bit of my oomph.

I had a late start this morning. Originally up at 6:30, I lounged around for 3 hours before realizing that the only reason I wasn't running was because I didn't want to run. That really pissed off my inner trainer so even though it was 10:30 and starting to get hot, I'd geared up and was hitting the pavement before I really knew what I was doing. My inner trainer can be such a bitch.

Still, I'd like to think that I'd learned something from last time, so instead of launching right into something ambitious, I decided to do a longer trail, but walk most of it with 2 10-minute runs at some point in between. I have to say that it worked out pretty well and the 10 minute warm up walk I did before starting my first run felt much better than my typical 5-minute warm-up so I think I'll incorporate that into my future runs.

No comments: