Sunday, May 5, 2013

Longer Run

mw: 136
days to race: 294
distance/time: 4.2 miles/ 70 min

Here's a little secret. I am a huge sucker for comic book movies, especially the Marvel ones. Iron Man 3's premier has been on my calendar for the past 6 months, so I decided to roll that trip into a chance to try a different town/running route as there are no movie theaters where I live. I rolled out of bed and was out of the house early. The temperature had dropped quite a bit overnight and as I started off, I wish I'd remembered some gloves. My hands were bright red and achey, though the rest of me was fine in short sleeves and running capris.

I did 3 10 minute runs punctuated by periods of walking and felt good about it. Friday's 20 minuter was hard so it was nice to push myself without trying to actually kill myself. During my run a very friendly boy paced alongside me as he roller-bladed to church. He told me that I was not running, I was jogging, and then showed off how fast he could go. I'm happy to say that I was able to keep up a conversation with him while jogging, a sign that I'm running a good pace.

After my run, I hit up Target and the the movies! All I can say is it was great. A bit more cartoonishly comic than the others, but still very enjoyable. Gwyneth Paltrow is totally ripped and Ben Kingsley is really the bees knees. Can't wait for the rest of Phase 2! And Man of Steel. And Guardians of the Galaxy. Geeze, it's no wonder that Gmail thinks I'm an 18 year old boy.

No comments: