Friday, May 10, 2013

C25K 6.3

MW: 138.2
Days to Race: 289
Distance/Time: 2.25 mi/36 min.

I needed this. A concise victory that proved to myself that I can in fact improve and succeed. You might have noticed I've been a little cranky about some weight gain. I don't know if it's been the new pill I'm taking, or the fact that I've been overcompensating a little exercise with a lot of extra calories (I know I have a sugar problem), or just random water retention but it's been a bit of a blow to get on the scale every morning. It's also been a bit more difficult to complete my runs. Today though, I hit it and I hit it hard.

I might have wanted to cry at a point or two in the middle. I might have had to play games with myself to keep going (okay, I can get excited when I see the Acme, OMG how cool would it be if I reached PNC?, etc., the woman just told me we'd finished the 5 minute run which means I have x much time left). The point is, though, that I finished the longest run yet and cleared that hurdle. Just three more weeks to go of this program!

No comments: