Saturday, May 18, 2013

C25K 7.3

MW: 138.6
Days to race: 281
Distance/Time: 2.25 mi/35 min.

I was supposed to have finished this run yesterday. I had every intention of doing so. After work, I laced up, put on my hat and started to run. And when my friendly co-pilot in the MP3 Player told me I was halfway done, my body decided that I was completely done. I ended up walking the rest of the way. My legs down to my feet ached and my form was all over the place. So, I called that session and gave myself a re-do for today. Sometimes, you've just got to listen to your body and not your ambition.

Today's run went much better. I also did the course backwards, which I think helped shake things up a bit. I was still a little twingey, but my form stayed true and the aches passed. Next week is a little bit further, a little bit longer.

No comments: