Sunday, July 14, 2013

Woke up hurting, ran anyways

MW: 136.7
Days to Race: 224
Distance/Time: 2.2 miles/30.08

Yesterday, I power-walked through Longwood Gardens for 3 hours. I felt pretty good until I woke up this morning. It felt as though someone had put their pointer fingers over a hot fire to get them blazing hot and then stabbed them through the middle of my calves. I was tempted to take the day off. Let myself rest up and get started again tomorrow morning, but as a television show I once watched said: if you do something often enough, it will become a habit. So, off I went.

Towards the end, I realized that I really wanted to finish this run in under a half hour. I had 30 seconds to go and thought I could just pick up the pace and really push myself. And I flew. I was probably going about as fast as a normal person on a slow day, but this dumpling was rolling faster and longer than she usually did. One look at the start of this post will tell you I did not reach my goal, but that's okay. I'm still happy with the result and proud that I pushed myself toward a personal best.

No comments: