Tuesday, July 16, 2013

5:30!? Are you serious?

MW: 137.4
Days to Race: 222
Distance/Time: 2.52 mi/37.24

On the plus side, I got my run out of the way before the expected high-90's. It was humid, but pretty bearable. That said, I had to wake up at 5:30 to do it. If you know me at all, then you know that I am not much of a morning person. Not only that, but I'd only gotten a few hours sleep last night and my dreams involved burqas and dogs being kicked thanks to the Thousand Splendid Suns that I just had to stay up finishing.

Anyways, my alarm was a shock not just to me, but also to my cat, who had taken up residence on my chest. So, not only did I have to get out of bed early, I also missed kitty cuddle time. She didn't care too much, though, as my getting up means food is imminent.

So, I finally got out on the road and was pounding pavement by 6AM. Ran a little bit further this time and while I still wish I could pick up my pace a little, I know that speed will come with time. And I've never been a speedy person in the first place. Right knee is a little twingy, I'll have to keep an eye on it.

No comments: