Thursday, July 18, 2013

Early run benefits

MW: 136.2
Days to Race: 220
Distance/Time: 2.57 mi/36.07 min.

One of the benefits of running so early in the morning is that by the end of the day, I feel pretty fresh. I even forget that I'd run and start thinking of other healthful things I can do that evening. Do I ever actually do those healthful things? I refuse to answer that question, but the opportunity is there and I'd like to think that at some point, I'll start to think that exercising twice a day isn't taboo, but more like brushing your teeth.

I'd hoped that today's run would put me in the mood to start planning an even further run, but despite my improvement over Tuesday (1.5 minutes faster!) I'd like to have at least one more 2.5 run. Finishing today, there was less in my tank than there usually was after a run.

Later on, I know these super early mornings will have to become regular, but I'm looking forward to sleeping in for the next week.

No comments: