Sunday, January 26, 2014

Treadmills

MW: It's just a number... right? RIGHT?!
Days to Race: 28 (not panicking... not at all)
Distance/Time: 12.5 mi/3 hours 20 min.

Welcome back! I've been absent the past week due to icy weather and slight illness. Once I hit 11.5 miles two weeks ago and realized that I've got this, my priorities changed a little. Now, staying uninjured is slightly more important than getting a run in. This means that when there's ice on the road, in theory I'm to put in an exercise video. Of course, I couldn't do that for my 12.5 miler so I appealed to my boss and the treadmill in her husband's office.

Some things I've learned using a treadmill:
1. Don't close your eyes. You will open them and find yourself nearly off the back of the tread.
2. It might sound like an elephant is tap dancing through the room but really, that piece of equipment is designed to operate under heavier circumstances.
3. This treadmill times out at 100 minutes, meaning it will shut down.
4. Life gets boring on a treadmill for 3 hours
5. I don't do as well on a treadmill. I'm packing a 16 minute mile there while my other long runs were more like 14:30.

Until next time!

No comments: