Friday, January 10, 2014

Ice Ice Baby

MW: 136.2
Days to Race: 44
Distance/Time: 2.23 mi/ 34 min

I've done white knuckle drives home, but this morning I got to experience a white knuckle run home. Or rather a white knuckle baby-steps ice skate home. I knew it was supposed to rain and I knew it was below freezing outside. My original plan was to get my run in between 5-6 before the rain was supposed to come.

I'll wait for you to stop laughing at that ludicrous idea.

Still that goal did get me out by 6 and there was still nothing in the sky so I thought I might be able to slide. Just half an hour. How bad could things get in half an hour? Well half way through, I started to slide on the concrete, so I switched to the road. Then I started to slide on the road so I switched to the grass. Unfortunately there is no clear cut pathway of lawn so I ended up scooting along very slowly until I came to a stretch and then tried to run on that. Really though, it wasn't worth it.

Now I'm all grumpy because I was doing really well and could have PRed my route. Not only that but I was all set to talk about how ridiculous I look in my glasses and ski cap, sort of like Martha Plimpton in The Goonies sister. (I'm in glasses due to a stye in my eye that hasn't healed yet). Anyways, grump grump grump. 11 Miles on Sunday. Not calling for rain, thankfully.

No comments: