Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Toe pick

MW: 137
Days to Race: 46
Distance/Time: 2.5 mi/ 32.22 min

Aside from the fact that it is cold as hell outside (19 degrees according to my more generous weather app), there was nothing coming down from the sky, nor were there hazards on the ground and I had no worries regarding injuries. In fact, I would say I felt better today than I have in a while. The only issues were my calves. Since I knew I was running on Wednesday, I thought I could do something a bit more strenuous on Monday. I ended up doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. And boy did I feel shredded. Two days later, I am still walking on my toes. But a little stretching helped that issue.

Have you ever seen the movie, The Cutting Edge? It's one of my mom's favorites and so I've seen it dozens of times. While running past the Domaine de la Victoire (field of victory, also known as the field I pass during my runs), I remembered that scene when Doug and Kate are running and he steals her hat... anyways it made me laugh thinking of it. Toe pick.

No comments: