Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hour 24 (!)

I have a small confession to make. I took a walk with my audiobook (Lucky Streak by Carly Phillips) and spotted a cat from a Missing Pets poster. I had been going for the full 48 hours, but how could I not take the time to call Matilda's family and make sure she had been found? Luckily she had so it was a wonderfully happy ending (:-)) And I do intend to keep trucking along.

I have a delicious cup of coffee in hand now and am ready for the next 24 hours.

That said: So far, I have finished American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang, a critically acclaimed graphic novel. The artwork was bright and colorful and I enjoyed the way the separate storylines came together at the end. It was a great story about a Chinese boy's experiences in public school and being torn between his Chinese and American heritage.

I am also about halfway through Resenting the Hero by Moira J. Moore, so that should be done on my next post. After that... we'll see what I grab.

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Wow - great reading! And glad to hear about Matilda's happy ending.

Kristin said...

Hurrah for cat rescuing!

And, your cookies are delicious! Thanks ever so much.

Paulina said...

American Born Chinese sounds really interesting, especially as I'm Canadian-born Chinese! I'll have to check it out. Good luck with the rest of the reading challenge!

MotherReader said...

Anyone who takes a minute to help a cat is a winner in my book! You've got some dedicated reading going there! Keep it up!

Julie said...

I was going to ask what happened to those other 30 minutes, and then I read about Matilda and her happy ending. Good for you, and happy for Matilda!

Nanc said...

Proud of you!