Thursday, July 17, 2014

Sirius Black

MW: 129.4
Days to Race: 122
Distance/Time: 2.96 mi/ 38:33 min (13.01 min/mi)

Another early morning run completed. Everything hurt a little. I think it's my body readjusting itself to the demands of regular exercise. Like I said, it's been a while. I also think I need new shoes. Not running shoes, but everyday shoes that support my feet a little better.

I saw Sirius Black this morning. There's a black stray that's been living in town for a couple months now. Animal control can't seem to catch it and for the most part, she just watches and runs away. Lately though, she seems to have taken a bit more of an interest in me (and to my concern, Coco). This time, she fell into a trot a few yards behind me for a stretch. Her ears were up and her tail was high. Not sure if she's curious or exhibiting predatory behavior. Until she's caught, killed or moves on, however, she's probably going to be a regular entry in this blog.

No comments: