Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Day One

MW: 130.3
Days to Race: 124
Distance/Time: 2.96 mi/39:11 (13.14 min/mi)

I'm not going to lie folks, I've been less than religious about my running habits. After the Disney Princess Half Marathon, I let things slide. I skated by on luck and determination for the Broad Street Ten Miler. After that... Yeah, I've been lazy. I also got a dog! She's a little white terrier-thing that is sweet and wonderful and loves long walks. I thought a small dog wouldn't need much exercise, but she never gets tired. Never. This means that a great deal of my free time is spent tromping through the neighborhood.

So, to accommodate the princess dog, I set my alarm for 5 AM. No, that is not a typo. 5 AM. I forgot how much I like that pre-dawn time. No one else is really up, just me and some birds and the odd commuter. The cats are thrilled with this new arrangement. They've been trying to tweak my schedule in favor of more food earlier for a while now.

I like to say that the first day is the hardest and I've got to admit that it wasn't easy. Parts of me are a little creaky and all I want to do is sleep now. The good news is that I've done my run for today, the bad news is I still have a full day of work to get through.

No comments: